Friday 4 December 2015

Week #5 Nov.13th-Nov.20th Observations #9, #10, #11.

Week #5

The first class of Week #5 consisted of the class presenting their Genocide projects. Mr.Slubik evaluated while sitting beside me, helping me identify which presentations were creative, and which were more of the "copy and paste" category. This really helped me in identifying what is, and what is  not a quality project. This helps with the marking aspect of the teaching profession. The second class of this week  was perhaps the most important for me thus far. I got to teach a quick 15 minute lesson on the Ukrainian Famine of 1932-1933. I did the presentation via Google Slides. The lesson went smoothly but lacked class engagement. That is something I will improve for the next one! This was a good experience for me as it was my first real time, being in a leadership role in front of a classroom. The last class of the week  consisted solely of the students writing their WW1,WW2, and Genocide unit exam. Although one may think you couldn't observe much from that, it really shows you how technology has tied its way into schooling. I saw this when I noticed how many kids were listening to their headphones while writing the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment